Tuesday, January 21, 2014

... Glitter Gal - Andamooka Blue ...

I'm currently out of action for a few days due to the fact I'm having my wisdom teeth removed :( Anyway I found this gem half completed and hidden in the draft section of my blog! Whoops!!


So today I'm going to show you Andamooka Blue by Glitter Gal! Now anyone who knows me knows that I have a soft spot for flakies! I have quite a few and while many are dupes I still need them all!!! Andamooka Blue is from the GG "opal effects" range which I believe sadly has been discontinued :(


I decided to layer Andamooka Blue over black and have an accent finger stamped in Essence A Piece of Forever using the MoYou Explorer Collection 06 plate. In hindsight I should have made sure that nail was flakie free but at the time I thought that texture underneath would give Australia a rugged look!


Now as you can see I like my flakies packed on! If you are like me then you will find that painting your nails normally will not do this unless you want to put on a billion coats. I've found the easiest way is to paint a blob of polish onto a makeup sponge and then wait for the liquid part of the polish to soak in and then dab onto the nail. This way you get maximum flakie coverage!

Oh and incase you were wondering - Andamooka is actually a town of South Australia where they mine opals.

If you are seriously liking this flake and can't find it in any blogsales near you, the closest dupe I have in my collection is Inglot 204 which is another blue flakie. The only differences I can find is that 204 doesn't have any random flakie shards of orange/green like Andamooka seems to and also Inglot 204 is WAY smaller in size.

Now if you want to see more Australia nails in time for Australia Day! Check out the links below or #anausday on Instagram

2 comments:

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews