Wednesday, April 25, 2012

... Little Roo - Aussie Aussie Aussie ...

... Little Roo - Aussie Aussie Aussie ...
Currently made as a one off ... but if you are desperate please email!
I didn't really want to break my Face of Australia series but I wanted to be patriotic this Anzac Day and show my pride of being an Aussie. I'm not even going to describe how poorly my attempt of drawing poppies turned out so I turned to this.

Anzac Day I've been told is the equivalent day to Veterans Day or Armistice Day ... but the Australia and New Zealand way. It's a day of remembering the sacrifices so that we can be who we are as a nation today.

I'm not a huge fan of glitter polishes but I am a sucker for anything that looks awfully pretty in the bottles. Therefore I'm definitely not a pro at applying them. The most I can make them is flat and smooth. That's it. I figure I'm not selling my wares just showing Australia on my fingers so I don't need to make it look 100% drop dead gorgeous.

For the non-Aussies ... "Aussie Aussie Aussie" is simply a chant that is used at most Australian sporting events these days. Feel free to Google if you want more info on this.

"Aussie Aussie Aussie" is applied over China Glaze GR8 and it's simply just green hexs with smaller golden holo hex pieces. I know the bottle shot looks like more colours but that's just the gold hexes doing their thing and trust me ... it's a pain to photo!
I brought the yellow holo hex pieces from a craft store that was going out of business. I'm going to try and contact the manufacture to get my hands on more though as it's rather awesome and it will great if we can get our hands on some decent glitters in the country instead of always relying on buying from overseas. I brought a packet that was 20g [which is about 0.7 oz] and have been kicking myself that I didn't buy more.

3 comments:

  1. Love this glitter, very Australian :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very patriotic! Now all u have to do is make one called Oi Oi Oi!;-p u could make it more green a less large gold hexes. Just a brain explosion of mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews