Monday, February 20, 2012

... 7 days - 7 ways! Day 1 ...

Ok I was asked to do this series of posts by someone I know in real life. I often forget that this blog is visited frequently by non-bloggers and I thank my friends for reminding this on occasions. So I am doing this just for you - you know who you are!!

The question I was presented with simply is this ... "I have a seriously small polish collection so how can I manage to keep my nails looking fresh and different without having to resort to purchasing an entire shop of colours"

So I'm going to accept this challenge and show you 1 polish out of my collection and proceed to show 7 different ways to wear it over the next few days and hope that it will give some ideas!  As majority of people who visit "Shatter me Claire" are Aussies I'm showing polish that is easily available here - so advanced apologies to the international visitors to this site.

I've chosen this to be my test subject - Ulta 3 Bo Peep just because this range seems to be a staple in any Aussies polish stash.
Ulta3 is found at various chemists in those huge bins that you need to wade through to find the colour you want. Best thing about Ultra3 polishes is the price! At $2 a pop it's not going to break the bank and you won't cry tears if you end up discarding it in the future or if you decide to only wear it once and it wasn't for you.

Bo Peep is also the same colour known as NYC Magneta which can be found at Woolworths, Big W and Woolies Petrol stores across the country. It's the exact same colour from the same company - just under a different brand name!

Ulta3s are slightly on the smelly side of polish but they are fast drying and there are never any issues with application.
So here is Day 1 and the look is plain and simple ... just polished nails. I'll be back for the next 6 days with the same polish in different ways ... well that's the plan anyway!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Proper ulta3 is also at some Coles stores for $2 for a while apparently, but I haven't seen them yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them at a Coles recently for sale for $2 for the first time :) But not yet at my local store :(

      Delete
  2. Love the idea, looking forward to the different ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge. I don't think I could come up with seven different ways, so I can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea. Now I want to change my mani every day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea, can't wait to see what you do! See you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews